HVAC Controls Support Specialist
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Department: Technical Support
Job Grade: Hourly
Zonex Systems manufactures a complete line of zone control products from a 2-zone residential zoning system to a Direct Digital Control (DDC) system that can handle up to 400 zones with remote internet access. We continue to develop new products and upgrade our existing product line to meet the needs of an ever-changing market. Zonex Systems is committed to enhancing the performance of constant volume air conditioning equipment. Our customers are original equipment manufacturers, the engineering community, architects, contractors, building owners and consumers who want a comfortable and controlled environment.
Assist customers (end users & contractors) with troubleshooting Zonex Systems HVAC zone controls via phone, e-mail and live chat. Provide application support for engineers, distributors, & sales staff for the design, installation and operational needs related to Zonex controls. Test products to verify operation prior to shipping to customers. Perform warranty review through RA process, document and report findings and provide recommendations for warranty actions. Assist in developing sales, creating quotes, and advising customers as to proper system for their application.
You must have HVAC experience to be considered for this opportunity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical & application support via phone, e-mail, and chat
- Assist customers with a friendly attitude
- Document phone and technical assistance call in the call log database
- Provide feedback to engineering department for problems and needed changes
- Take ownership of “problem jobs” from beginning to resolution and ask for assistance when “problem job” is beyond current skill knowledge
- Test new product inventory
- Track and test RA warranty returns
- Complete RA forms properly, including action recommendations and reasons for action.
- Knowledge of HVAC zone controls (BACnetIP would be helpful)
- Data networks – IP addressing, sub netting, routers, firewall, AWS, and IoT. Certifications such as A+, CCENT or CCNA are helpful but not required.
- Able to read schematics
- Able to read and break down plans
- Written and verbal communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to use meters and hand tools
- Time management and organization
- Desire to grow and learn new technologies
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed for the benefit of Zonex Systems.